Men and women must cover shoulders, midriff and legs. Tight fitting, transparent and revealing clothing are not permitted. This includes:
Guests’ behaviour and dress code should be respectful of the local culture and enhance the spiritual atmosphere. Observance of the dress code should be maintained at all times including during asana classes or swimming.
To respect the local culture and the monastic tradition, kindly restrain expressions of affection such as hugging or kissing in public. Guests at our Ashrams are advised to observe celibacy (brahmacharya) as part of the spiritual discipline. Male and female dormitories are separate. Men are not allowed in the ladies’ dormitory and vice versa. The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre organisation of India disapprove of and condemn any form of harassment directed at guests, staff or visitors.
Attendance at all Ashram activities is mandatory as part of the Ashram Yoga Vacation programme. As a mark of respect for the teacher and as a practice of self-discipline, guests are required to be on time and to remain for the duration of each programme. Asana classes are open to resident guests only.
Guests are requested to observe silence during meals, before morning satsang and after evening satsang. Lights out after 10:30pm.
We do not accept responsibility for guests’ personal belongings. Safe-keeping facilitiesare available.
An initial minimum payment for three nights accommodation at our Ashrams is required upon arrival and registration. This payment is non-refundable and non-transferable in the event of early departure.
Daily donation rates at our Ashrams include classes, food and accommodation. Dates and donations are subject to change without notice. For all programmes guests are subject to the suggested donation in effect at the time of payment. Personal cheques are not accepted. The Indian concessional rate does not apply to: non-resident Indians (NRI), Indian nationals working or living abroad, foreign nationals working or living in India, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Person of Indian Origin (PIO). Indian nationals may be asked to provide evidence of Indian nationality.
1) The total fees should be paid during registration upon arrival by filling up the application form before the commencement date of the course by CASH or PayPal transfer (including tax).
2) All fees paid are non-refundable or non-transferable in any situation that students wish to withdraw their course or quit. Alternatively, they are allowed to carry forward their course to the following month.
3) Students are required to submit their passport photocopy and passport size photograph to Om Shanti Om Yoga School for the process of Yoga Alliance US certificate application.
4) The duration of the course is as referred to as their course levels such as 100 hours (14 Days), 200 hours (25 Days), 300 hours (33 Days), or 500 hours (60 Days).
5) During the 3rd week of the course students will be assignment test and in the last week of the course, will be given a written test as well as a practical test.
6) On the last day, a closing ceremony pooja will be performed to Lord Ganesha and certificates will be forwarded to the students with Prasad
7) Students should attend all classes such as Pranayama, Meditation. Ayurveda, Anatomy, or Philosophy.
8)Students should not commit to any other activities of the course.
9) In case, any confusion related to the lesson in Hindu Mantra, Philosophy, and culture, our knowledgeable and friendly teachers is willing to assist you.
10) The TTC schedule will be given before the commencement of the training and 8 hours of learning session allocated per day for all subjects (except Sunday for the retreat).
11) Students should be punctual to the class and give full attendance without fail unless if such unavoidable cases occur.
12) Students are only qualified to receive the Yoga Alliance US certificate if they complete the required hours of course successfully and pass their tests with satisfactory marks.
13) Students should obey and follow the respective qualified teachers' teaching and instruction for every subject appointed by Om Shanti Om Yoga School without any obligations.
14) Students should not consume non-vegetarian food, alcohol, and tobacco during the course and hang around till late nights. Students should back to the room by 9:00 pm.
15) Our Yoga school will not take any responsibility for any sort of injuries that happened to the students due to yoga asana practice in or outside the school during or after the course.